Intermittent wifi connection with Surface Pro

A

ACT444

I have had a surface pro for several years and about 3 months ago it started having trouble connecting to wifi. It is intermittent, usually struggling to connect but once I eventually connect (can take anything from a minute to 30 minutes) as long as I am using it, it is stable. All my other devices (iPad, iPhones, android phones, Lenovo PC, work computer) all connect with no problems. I have tried factory resetting the router (a Virgin Hub3), updating the device drivers, and separating the 2.4GHz and 5GHz networks. The Windows trouble shooting says it can't find the problem. Sometimes I get the world icon and it says no internet, other times it shows the wifi logo with full bars but says, "no internet, secured". Sometimes it even says "connected, secured" but then won't load the page. We have had a work computer (HP) that also has the same issue, but all other devices are fine.

I am considering upgrading the router in the hope that is it due to some incompatibility between devices, but that is an expensive fix if it isn't going to work. Grateful for any wise words of advice - please make them simple, I am not that tech savy.

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom