File Explorer (and Windows 10) is continuously refreshing and often displays no script

R

Richard Caldeira

Hi everybody,

So, my request for help is focussed on two possibly related issues that I've been having with File Explorer for a while now, but it's now reached a critical point for me and I'm really hopeful that somebody can help me out.

Problem number one is that File Explorer, and by extension Windows 10, is constantly refreshing when I use the program. It does not matter what I'm doing in File Explorer, but it will refresh every minute or so. Not only does this not allow me to use File Explorer effectively, but I’ve also noticed that Windows 10 itself seems to refresh along with it in the sense that my Windows 10 apps refresh at the same time. This not only slows my computer down to a crawl, but I also can’t even do simple tasks like typing as the computer will freeze and hang for a number of seconds while it refreshes. It’s impossible to type when your computer is constantly freezing.

The other major issue is that after switching my computer on, I’ll often find that File Explorer will show only icons and the script, all of it, will be missing. I can’t see my file names, I can’t see icon descriptions, I can’t see anything and the same goes for Task Manager. In fact, anything with script is just broken and when I try to open Windows Command Prompt, whether using the hotkeys or the search bar, it will simply open and then close immediately.

I literally have no idea on what to do about the constant refreshing. As for the missing script, I’m only able to restore it after booting into the Windows 10 repair tool and thereafter into Command Prompt where I then use the System File Checker to restore it. I should also say that every time I type in dism.exe /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth I get Error 50 which forces me to revert pending actions first and not even that goes smoothly.

I’m having to restore the image on a daily basis now and between that and the constant refreshing I’m really at a loss on what to do. I’d be very grateful if somebody can help me out.

Thank you.

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom