Can't Print to WiFi Connected Printer

P

Praetorious

My laptop has been able to print to my Canon TS8100 printer for ages. However, now it refuses, and says it's offline, which it isn't.

When I try to print, I get the standard "Printer is offline" box displayed. I am on the same WiFi network as the printer.

I've rebooted my laptop, unplugged the printer, and plugged it in again - no change.

My wife can print from her laptop (same make as mine Acer Aspire 3) in another room in the flat, and I've printed from my Samsung smartphone.

The I went to Settings > Devices > Printers & Scanners and selected my printer, then "Run the troubleshooter".

This then displayed "Turn on the printer" It was, of course, turned on already having just printed a document from my wife's laptop.

Why did my laptop think the printer was turned off?

I saw a good demo on YouTube which made a few additional suggestions, like going to Services > Print Spooler, stopping this and then restarting it. Made no difference.

I've reinstalled the latest driver from the Canon website.

An update to Windows was installed last night if that's got anything to do with it. It was:

"2021-01 Cumulative Update for .NET Framework 3.5 and 4.8 for Windows 10 Version 2004 for x64 (KB4586876"

Any advice gratefully received.

Thanks

Mike

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom