Windows 10 won't open Chrome - even after following tons of advice to resolve

L

LJonesAudio

My daughter borrowed my laptop last week to do some online school work (Microsoft Teams) and since then I have 2 problems:
1. Google Chrome will not open

2. Her email address is showing under my User account as Administrator.

I have spent hours trying to resolve this and have so far done all the obvious, uninstall/reinstall Chrome, checked that anti-virus is not blocking, reset the computer (but kept personal files) and I've also followed the advice on a thread I found here:

Cannot install Chrome on Windows 10 - Microsoft Community

None of this has solved the problem.

I have checked I am not in Windows S Mode.

When I go to Settings> Home, it shows that she is signed in with her Microsoft Account instead of me.

8401215b-6eae-4f26-8868-5d6f1a8fb9cb?upload=true.png

Yet When I go to Settings>Accounts ... it shows my name (Jones) but her email address.

7d782f36-714a-47a6-b646-d981aae6e355?upload=true.png

In Settings > Email and Accounts .... I can see her Microsoft account and my Microsoft account, but when I click on her account there is no option to remove the account, only an option to remove mine.

a417da84-10cd-4d99-96da-429cf8b567ce?upload=true.png

How can I completely remove her account from my laptop?

Secondly, I'm not sure if the two issues are linked, or if the fact that Chrome will no longer open is a completely separate issue ... but this only started after she had used the laptop.

Any help and advice greatly appreciated, I don't want to use another browser, I like Chrome and have some extensions on there that I use often.

Thank you

Leanne

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom