Windows 10 hibernate + unwanted wake up issues [Lenovo Legion 5]

S

simaly78

Dear Community Gurus,

Happy New Year, hope everyone is staying healthy. Could you please advise with my hibernation issues on Win 10 Pro? We've been unable to tackle this w/ Lenovo support in the last 2 weeks.

Situation:
- Brand new Lenovo Legion 5.

- I added an extra SSD into it (Samsung - nVme M2)

- Clean install of Win 10 Pro

- Latest drivers - Win Updates, nVidia drivers, AMD chipset drivers, other drivers by Lenovo etc.

The issue:

- [MINOR] Conservation mode in Lenovo Vantage doesn't work (i.e. with A/C plugged, battery keeps on charging over 70%)

- Hibernation does not work at all. If I click Start -> Power -> Hibernate, the screen just blinks. All LEDs remain on, fans on, sometimes the PC goes to lock screen. But it does not 'shut down'.

- The PC started waking itself at night for no reason. I checked 'powercfg -devicequery wake_armed' and it is empty. Same for 'powercfg -requests'. Sleep Study report HTML (happy to share) contains an 'Abnormal Shutdown' event a couple of times a day, especially at night. Looking into Event Viewer, the below events caught my eye:

<log>

[Information] - The system time has changed to {...}. Change Reason: System time synchronized with the hardware clock. Process: '' (PID 4). // the 1st event occurring deep in the night as the PC wakes up

[Information] - Firmware S3 times. ResumeCount: 4, FullResume: 535, AverageResume: 526

[Information] - The \Device\NDMP3 service entered the Intel(R) Wi-Fi 6 AX200 160MHz state. // WLAN-related -> I updated WLAN drivers w/ the latest from Lenovo website, no change

[Information] - 7010 - driver enabled (miniport init)

[Information] - 7017 - secure boot (SB) configuration

[Information ] - WLAN Extensibility Module has successfully started. Module Path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\IntelIHVRouter08.dll

[Information] - The system has returned from a low power state.

*** [Error] volmg ~ The system could not sucessfully load the crash dump driver. ***

</log>

Fixes tried:

- Very many... listing them all would take long so I'd rather wait for your suggestions first

- Last hope was installing an Samsung nVme driver which had been suggested in this related thread (my issue and HW is a very close match, with the exception I'm not running RAID). I've also tried other fixes mentioned there to no avail.

Thank you in advance for having a think.

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom