external hard drive in (WD elements 25A2) is not working after opening the create pool option with storage spaces windows 10 (updated)

T

thomasbrunton1

I was interested to see how much space I had on my drive.
1. Clicked storage
2. Clicked manager storage space
3. It took me to location (control panel>system and security> storage spaces)

4. The instructions stated: “Use storage spaces to save files to two or more devices to help protect you from a drive failure”. This made sense to me so I clicked on “create a new pool and storage space”.

5c27bc1f-2462-4a60-9676-9e53bebfa1a8?upload=true.png

5. At first it would not allow me to create a pool and so I plugged my external hard drive in (WD elements 25A2)

6. When I plugged it in it ran and failed to create a pool and then my External hard drive disappeared from the file explorer

7. Now when the external hard drive the pc recognizes it is plugged in and it pops up in devices as well as in device manager however It does not pop in file explorer and I cannot access it

8. When I went through the create pool steps stated above it now shows the external hard drive by its name but states it is an “unformatted drive”.

I have not proceeded with clicking the create pool because I have a lot of data on the external hard drive I need and am hoping there is a way to revert whatever changes occurred during the initial process.

Other details

In device manager when I click on WD elements 25A2 properties it states the capacity is 953837 mb and unallocated space is 953709 mb and reserve space 128 mb. I am hoping this doesn’t mean all my data has been deleted.

It also shows that a series of events occurred on the day the issue began (15th Jan 2021) however I have noticed that these events occurred in the past so not sure they are related

33b301ed-c266-45fe-b6c1-dc5e225906fd?upload=true.png

acb8707f-0c1b-41a7-874b-2985f087ae35?upload=true.pnge7280a9a-2777-4d65-98f0-112777f2b081?upload=true.png

How can I revert these changes and get the data of the hard-drive? Can I please have your assistance as it is crucial I get the data back.

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom