Can't get to home screen

V

Vanifer333

Im trying to log on to my computer. This has been happening for awhile, but everytime I completely shut off my computer and turn it back on to get into Windows, it takes an extremely frustrating long time to get to my home page. This time, I shut down my computer for a small windows update.

When I boot up my laptop, it always infinitely loads at the Welcome loading screen after I enter in my correct password. It's taken an hour or so in the past everytime for my laptop to get past this Welcome screen, but today, it's taken 8 hours straight. So I'm done trying, and am asking for help. Ive restarted my laptop three times or so by holding down the button to try and fix it, still nothing.

I looked online for answers, and saw booting it from Safe Mode by holding Shift works. So after gettinf into the Troubleshoot menu, it gives you a bunch of options, so I pressed F5 to boot into Safe Mode with Networking. I put in my password after it restarts, and its STILL stuck at the Welcome page for 30 minutes now

I read something about completely resetting your laptop or reinstalling Windows 10, but will I lose everything if I do that? Will that even fix the problem? Thanks.

Continue reading...