How to decrypt my data which was encrypted (via a bit locker) on my old laptop?

M

MushfaYousuf

Dear Microsoft community,

For the last five years, I was using the bit locker on Windows 10 to secure one of my laptop’s partition. I almost save everything (i.e., pdf and .docx files, .jpeg image, .m codes, etc. ) in that partition to ensure data security. Last year, I decided to change my laptop. I first copied the data (after unlocking the partition) on an external hard drive and subsequently sold my old laptop after formatting the laptop’s hard disk. I did not access the data (which I had copied on an external hard disk) for a year. Recently, I required some old documents and tried to access data on the external hard disk. It comes to my knowledge that everything I have copied is still encrypted, and neither can I access anything nor copy it from an external hard disk. The information is encrypted with the certificate, apparently from my old laptop (please see the attached figures below). Please guide me on how I can decrypt my data as it contains a lot of important stuff.

P.S. I have tried almost every possible available method on Google. Most importantly, I have no access to my old laptop to get that certificate first export and then import to a new laptop.

Thank you

Continue reading...