Just got a new laptop. It won't recognize my iPhone XS Max on Windows 10. Looked through all the troubleshooting. Please help.

Z

Zarski

Just got a new laptop, and it is not registering my iPhone XS Max.

I connect it via USB, it makes the noise indicating that my computer recognizes a USB device being connected, but it never shows up anywhere. I checked My Computer, Device Manager (checked through every single section to see if it was hidden in there), Devices and Printers (Control Panel), and there is no trace of my phone even being registered.

Steps I have already tried: Restarting and updating everything (laptop, iPhone, iTunes). Uninstalling iTunes and reinstalling. Tried different cables. Couldn't try a different USB port because the laptop only has one port, but I confirmed that the port works on other devices like flash drives. I checked the device manager to see if I could force a driver update, but the phone doesn't show up in device manager. I reset "Location and Privacy" on my iPhone.

I have scrolled through two hours of troubleshooting and cannot figure it out. Turning off the Apple Services service. Turning off my Firewall. Manually installing the drivers from the Apple support link.

Help?

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom