PC restarts when under load (Apex Legends)

A

AfroManiac0614

Hello,

I'm having an issue where I load up Apex Legends and my computer crashes/restarts. It appears to happen when under load. Here are my specs:

Windows 10 x64

Patriot Viper RGB 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3600 (PC4 28800) Intel XMP 2.0 Desktop Memory Model PVR416G360C7k

Ryzen 9 5900X CPU

EVGA GeForce RTX 3080

ASUS Rog Strix B550-F AMD AM4 Gaming Motherboard

SAMSUNG 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB

Here are the Event Viewer critical events that tie in with the timing of my crashes:

Event ID: 41

Source: Kernel-Power

Log: System

Message: The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly.

Event ID: 10110

Source: DriverFrameworks-UserMode

Message: A problem has occurred with one or more user-mode drivers and the hosting process has been terminated. This may temporarily interrupt your ability to access the devices.

Event ID: 41

Source: DriverFrameworks-UserMode

Message: The device HID-compliant headset (location (unknown)) is offline due to a user-mode driver crash. Windows will attempt to restart the device 5 more times. Please contact the device manufacturer for more information about this problem.

Here is an error that also coincides with the timing that seems critical, but is just listed as "error"

Event ID: 18

Source: WHEA-Logger

Description:

A fatal hardware error has occurred.

Reported by component: Processor Core
Error Source: Machine Check Exception
Error Type: Bus/Interconnect Error
Processor APIC ID: 4

The details view of this entry contains further information.

I can post more info if needed...I just can't figure this out. I've re-seated the ram, GPU, and power pins into the Mobo/GPU. I've monitored the temps on my cpu which were fine even while going into the game (it usually loads to the main login screen then my pc is liable to crash at any point thereafter). I'm not sure what it is but I should note the computer doesn't turn off, but it restarts on its own.

Any help would be massively appreciated!

Continue reading...