Event ID 41 Kernel-Power BSOD and Event ID 161 volmgr with various Errors and Warnings

S

SimonSchutz

Hi,

Since purchasing a PC in October last year I've been having various issues resulting in BSOD. Usually this happens randomly while playing a Game or in an application. Latest BSOD have resulted from maximising a window while using Citrix viewer (used to logon to my workplace) and playing Planet Zoo when trying to start a new scenario. I have had BSOD also in other games and applications whilst just using/playing (e.g. World of Warcraft) or when changing settings.

The errors on reboot are always the same:

1. Critical: Event ID 41 - Kernel-Power "The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly."

2. Error: Event ID 161 - volmgr "Dump file creation failed due to error during dump creation."

3. Error: Event ID 6008 - EventLog "The previous system shutdown at 14:55:37 on ‎18/‎01/‎2021 was unexpected."

There are also several Warnings and Errors leading up to this in the Event Viewer.

From browsing various forums for the same error it seems that the dump file will help to investigate what has caused this issue, however no Dump files are being created (I assume this is because of the second error).

Any ideas on how to resolve the dump file issue so the shutdown problem can be investigated?

Thanks

Simon

Continue reading...