headphones will randomly change audio balance of right speaker to 55

O

ospppvbs

I can't remember when I first noticed this issue but its been happening to me every few days for at least a year, and I can't understand why it happens. currently on build 18363

I'll occasionally start my PC and the balance for my headphones will have changed itself so that the right speaker is quieter than the left, I have to go into sound settings and then the device properties to change it back to 100 from 55. I use Arctis 5 wired headphones which work through usb plugged directly into the PC, and occasionally will have a wired headset plugged in via usb ports on my monitor but it is never used as an audio device on the PC with the issue, so I've not noticed if it is affected at the same time, it is usually unplugged before I boot this PC. Never had the issue happen after boot, always happens when I boot.

I don't use any other audio devices with this PC, and I've tried unplugging and plugging back in that other headset, restarting the pc with it in and out but I can't reliably recreate the problem. The audio drivers for the headphones do split the sound into two 'devices' one for voice and one for everything else so I had a look at the other 'device' for voice and the balance was equal for both sides even when the other one was having it's issue.

Tried uninstalling the audio drivers for the headphones and updating them, but the issue persists. It does have it's own control panel to change sound settings but this is always set to be full on both sides and is never changed, the only thing that's changing is the windows audio balance in device settings.

Not really sure what to do with this one and I don't really want to have to re-install my OS, is there anything else I can try here?

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom