Bitlocker Stuck at 62.9% in win 10 Pro on a external drive

R

Rui_F

Hello,

I connected by USB an external wd drive and I started the encryption on my disk and it went very well to 60% and then stoped for hours. I selected pause and after 30 minutes it did pause so I thought it was only taking more time so I selected resume, in a few minutes went to 62.9% so I believed everything was good. Until it stopped again and it stayed like that for 24h, after that I tried to pause again and nothing. I tried that for a lot of hours and no change in progress or stopping. My drive has a led that shows if the drive has been accessed and the led stopped stay permanent on, and no longer blinking like it was doing at the beginning of the process. My machine started to act very strange and I took the risk to restart since the encryption was not moving and nothing was happening on the drive.

After the machine rebooted I was not able to see the drive anymore, I can see the PC is detecting an external drive on the USB but I can't find it as a driver and nothing happens when I plug the drive to the machine, no request of password nothing.

I have the password and the recovery key in a different location.

Please help me with this since the information that I have on the drive is very important and that was the reason I was doing Bitlock in the first place

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom