Folder Keeps Reverting to Read Only on Windows 10

D

Dennis de Bresser

Hello,

When I uncheck my read-only box in properties it keeps reverting and checking the box to read-only.

• I am on my administrator account and have full control over permissions on all drives.
  • I have taken ownership of the drive
  • I have given every user on my system drive full control just in case and all the inheritance options are checked.
  • I have changed my attributes in CMD.

attrib -r +s drive:\<path>\<foldername>

• The above command will remove the read-only attribute of the file and
    change it to a system attribute. However, some files/folders do not
    operate properly in the system attribute so use the following command if
    you want to remove the system attribute: attrib -r -s drive:\<path>\<foldername
  • I have disabled my virus scanner.
  • I have disabled "Controlled Access" in settings that protect my files from unauthorized access.
  • I have downloaded third-party software with no effect
  • I have done malware checks that can cause problems with read-only issues.

I don't know what to do anymore. It just keeps reverting to read-only even when I have unchecked it and tried all the above solutions. Also used PowerShell. Nothing works. I really need access to the folder and when read-only is enabled I simply can't see the files I need to modify.

I found out this is not a NEW issue and there are many tutorials written that I followed to no result. I also found many people have the same issue and until now there isn't a good fix. Please help cause this is really an annoying problem???

Thanks in advance,

Dennis

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom