Bluetooth headphone audio cuts out when not playing music

J

joedirte1

I am having issues getting pair of bluetooth headphones I purchased to work with windows 10.

When pair and connect to the headphones they will work for a short time, but if I start any music, youtube video, or a game they will only work when that audio is playing.

If I pause the music/video the audio from anything else like discord, and even the speaker test tone will cut off, until I start the other audio back up.

In the bluetooth menu the headset is listed as Connected Music, or Connected Music Voice.

It shows up as two devices in the playback devices menu,

Headset

ATH-SR50 BT Hands-Free AG Audio

and

Headphones

ATH_SR50BT Stereo

If I set the Headset option as default device, or both default device and default communication device, this issue dose not happen, but then I lose the stereo option

If I set the Headphones as the default device, or default device and default communication device, and the Headset as the default device, the above issue of audio cut out occurs.

If I set the Headset as the Default communication device, and the headphones as the default device, I can hear things like discord, but cannot hear any music or other audio.

Bluetooth: Intel dual band Wireless-AC 8265

I have downloaded and installed the latest bluetooth driver available for this device(22.20.0_64_Win10)

Under Device Manager there are two options for the device

ATH_SR50BT

ATH SR50BT Avrcp Transport

The Roll back driver option is not availible on either

Update driver stated The best drivers for your device are already installed

I have uninstalled, restarted, and reinstalled the driver.

I have paired the device correctly according to

Running the bluetooth troubleshooter fixes the issue until I try to play media again.

Problems found

Check bluetooth radio status

Windows is up to date

I have ordered a new USB bluetooth adapter, and am waiting on that to arrive.

Any idea on how I can get these headphones to just work as headphones? I do not use the microphone built into the headset, as I use a stand mic. I have disabled the device as a input option.

I just want these headphones to work like any other headphones that I plug into the computer, or work like a bluetooth speaker.

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom