How to install the Microsoft Print To PDF driver with Windows 10 audit mode

L

LiveComLC

Dear Support Team or advisors, I have a issue about the Microsoft Print To PDF feature with the audit mode of Windows 10 (1909 version, and newer).

What I do:

1. Install the windows with the offical ISO

2. When the set region interface (OOBE) shows, press Ctrl+Shift+F3, then the system restart and logon the desktop by adit mode with Administrator account

3. In the Device manager, can not find Microsoft Print To PDF. Open the "Turn Windows feature on or off", uncheck "Microsoft Print To PDF" and confirm. Re-open the "Turn Windows feature on or off", check "Microsoft Print To PDF" and confirm, the Microsoft Print To PDF printer shows in the Device manager. However, if I print test page or any document with this printer, it shows me a dialog with "Handle is invalid" message.

4. If I remove the Microsoft Print To PDF printer, then add printer manually, the Microsoft Print To PDF printer driver is not shown in the Microsoft manufacturer list.

I think there is something wrong with the step 2. If the system logs in the audit mode, some device drivers may not be installed. Because if I don't press Ctrl+Shift+F3 and complete the OOBE, all is OK with the Microsoft Print To PDF printer. So, my question is, how to install the Microsoft Print To PDF driver if the windows has completed the installation and logs in the audit mode?

Thanks to all of you.

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom