PC simply won’t boot to windows or reset or repair without getting stuck in a loop

H

hrry

Hi there,

I was recently downloading an application called ‘equalizer apo’ to make my microphone sound better in real time. My friends have downloaded the same program and have had no issues at all. It prompted me to restart my pc either right then and their or manually later. I selected the ‘restart now’ option and my pc rebooted as normal except that as the circle was spinning around underneath the asus logo on my screen ( I have an Asus motherboard) it was very laggy and wasn’t going round smoothly. This had only happened once before when I accidentely plugged my front panel audio wire into a USB header but it was fine once I changed it back. This time however I hadn’t changed anything inside the PC, I had only restarted after installing this program. Also I had a Windows update pending and since I hadn’t restarted my pc or completed the update it must have updated when I restarted. As the circle stopped spinning it took me to the blue troubleshooting screen where I selected Troubleshoot -> Advanced options -> Startup Repair and it started ‘repairing’ before telling me they couldn’t identify the problem and that maybe uninstalling the latest update may help. So from that screen I uninstalled the latest Windows update but this time my PC restarted and it came up with a screen that said ‘Why did my PC restart’ and some further instructions to follow. After clicking next on this page it gave me the BSoD and I restarted my pc to end up at a black screen with a cursor. After trying some troubleshooting tips from various videos and articles about this black screen I eventually decided that maybe re-installing windows may help but keeping my personal files, so that is what I did. After a bit of waiting it came up with an error message which I was able to fix by going in the registory editor and changing somethings value from 1 to 3. But still it didnt work and put me in another new loop which reads at the top of my screen ‘Hello there. Lets get a few basic things out the way’ it asks for my language, region and keyboard language etc so I choose them accordingly and press next then it says the same ‘Why did my pc restart’ thing again so I press next and then it says ‘Just a moment’ with a spinning circle under it for around 10 minutes and then it goes away and it restarts my pc and takes me back to the ‘Hello there’ page. I have tried re-installing windows and clearing all my drives but it goes to a black screen with a cursor or the ‘hello there’ page and I’m getting very frustrated. Another annoying thing is that now if I want to do a system restore or anything that requires an account or password the only account that shows up is defaultuser_0 or Administrator which I dont know the password for so they are inaccessible for me. I am able to make a windows installation drive but would I just plug it into my pc and boot it up or do I need to select anything on any troubleshooting screens etc. Any help would be very highly appreciated as I need this PC for online school.

Thanks, Harry.

Continue reading...