Windows 10 having wake times off still wakes up with Wake Timers

D

DilyanDimitrov2

Hello team,

I set Wake Timers off and expected to have my PC to sleep normally without any wake up.

However, wake-up persists and I can't even put it to sleep (wakes a second later), thus shut down is needed.

What have I tried:

- reset power plans and turned off wake timers again - Windows still wakes up right after the Sleep command;

- troubleshooting Power Settings - sadly, most pointless thing I've ever done;

- checking if all drivers are up to date, just in case;

- checking for scheduled tasks that wake up the PC - none existing;

- checking if any device wakes up the PC - of course, mouse and keyboard, none other;

- WiFi, Ethernet, Bluetooth adapters not allowed to wake the PC;

- checking stats and last wakes with powercfg, cmd - wake timers existing, different ones.

- checking Event Logs for Wake Source - Wake Source is pointed as... Unknown ?? How does that even make sense is beyond my mind (an Unknown process or device not allowing the System to sleep, alienistic).

So, last time I had a [PROCESS] timer \Device\HarddiskVolume3\Windows\SystemApps\Microsoft.Windows.StartMenuExperienceHost . Before it was Audio Stream. Or Legacy Kernel Caller.

When I choose No Wake Timers allowed, I expect that no timers are allowed and that's it. Nothing else, no discussion about it, no reserves, no excludes.

Please advice on this one as to how to proceed even if I have to... code the heck out of it on any level.

Please skip any advice which is already included in my comment above - you will be wasting our time, that cost us.

Thank you.

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom