To a Windows 10 programmer: Can't use cursor issue. It is an issue and bug. My thoughts/experience below.

M

MV_XFX

I am having the "can't click on windows or tabs issue".

I went through all the necessary steps to try to correct the issue even though I know for sure it was Windows update that altered something to create the problem.

My laptop had the issue first. I ended up having to reset Windows 10 which made me a little angry and annoyed as I use that for a lot of personal business. Before that though I did all the suggested scans with Windows tools and anti-virus tools which showed NO PROBLEMS.

So now that my laptop is reset and I am still having the same problem. What a surprise.

And now one of my other PCs is having the same issue. What are the odds I am doing something to cause the issue now? I'd say very low.

If this helps anyone at Microsoft find the problem I am submitting it here below and also making a copy of this post to send to a lawyer if you all choose to do nothing.

I am a nobody in society but Microsoft through Windows can not just destroy our systems and nothing be done about it. Resetting is a nice feature but it messes up everything we worked on on our PCs and it takes time to get it back to "normal". Then when we have more than one PC get affected that is much worse.

Very annoying.

I did find a way to get the curser to work again but it only last for so long and then I have to repeat.

I hit control-alt-delete and when I click on the screen to select Task Manager my curser works again for a little while. But I have to keep Task Manager open otherwise the curser does not work anymore. But even then after a while I have to open Task Manager again to get the cursor to work after it stops working again.

This has to be something that is related to the problem or at least should help someone who programs at Microsoft to understand why this makes the cursor work again. And then hopefully know where the bug is.

Please look into this and get to the bottom of it. Thank you.

I really can not reset all my PCs at home. Each of us at home have one to use. That is a lot of work that will be lost. It is more than just documents that are lost or need to be backed up. All of our app configurations, settings and saved passwords too. As well as other projects.

Please stop minimizing people saying this is an issue. It is an issue. Microsoft needs to fix the bug or find out what is causing it.

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom