I'm experiencing sound issues based on volume and also problems with installing High Definition Audio

• Thread starter Taylor-Paige Timmins
  • Start date
T

Taylor-Paige Timmins

Hi, I been having this for like 2 years now but just gonna explain in these steps about these issues:

1. Now with the sound issue I been noticing that my volume is at 100% but when I play sound such as watching a YouTube video or playing a game I've noticed that my volume seems to adjust itself by going quiet when it stays at 100% it just doesn't loud at all like as example it stays loud for like for a few seconds or so then I notice it goes back to being quiet like the sound itself is more like 8 or 7% which doesn't show that its at that volume percentage but it just doesn't seem loud for a 100% volume.

2. Now with this I went onto Device Manager - Add legacy hardware - Manually install hardware - Sound, devices and controllers etc - Sound - Microsoft- High Definition Audio I went to click install then it gives me a message that just says "An error occurred during the installation of the device, The installation failed because a function driver was not specified for this device instance" now it was working before yes before I last purchased this laptop back in 2019 but the thing is I did notice some BSOD appeared, sound issues occurred like low volume at 100% from what I'm telling here about it and all so I sent it to the MSI repair team which was at another location, they gave me the device back after they put in a repair list of them fixing the motherboard and such but I noticed BSOD came back, sound issues came back, sent it to repair but in the UK second time no issues or faults were found and I only notice that sound issues are still there and I cant seem to install the High Definition Audio.

Now I know the High Definition audio stopped working when the MSI repair team was fixing on it for the first team of sending it off to repair which I have nothing to do with it.

Is there a way to fix these issues? I will be sending like a video of the sound issue which I let you hear what I mean of sound decreasing volume on its own.

Continue reading...