windows 10 and kobo reader

T

Tuesdayweld

Hi,

I recently upgraded to windows 10. My computer won't recognize my Kobo touch ereader.

The ereader says "connected and charged" when I plug it in. This is what usually happens but now, it does not open the device on my computer. it is not in my devices nor is it in the "safely remove hardware" list where it always appears. The ereader should not be unplugged without ejecting it properly. this is impossible because it's not recognized.

I am not computer savvy. I have restarted my computer several times. I have gone to the devices and printers in control panel and tried clicking on "add a device' but it says none found. the USB port seems to be working and I have tried the ereader in other ports without luck. I tried it on my husband's laptop, too and he has windows 8 I think. didn't work there either.

if the ereader says it is connected, I am assuming the cord is OK. I don't have another that fits the ereader.

I have called Kobo and done a factory reset of the ereader. I don't know what else to do.

I can connect my ereader to the internet through wifi.

I have read all I can find on the internet but nothing has worked for me.

Thank you to anyone who tries to help me

Continue reading...