Need to refresh/reinstall Windows 7 but don't want to lose MS Office 2010

A

AndyG1972

Hi Guys,

As the title says - my laptop which is about 6 years old now could do with being flattened and Windows 7 reinstalling. Got an install disk for Windows 7 and got my registration codes for 7 & Microsoft Office 2010 Home & Student. However, can't remember if Office was a download link (was purchased at the time of buying the laptop) or is on the recovery partition of the HDD (was pre-installed). I've got the genuine 'key' to activate but EVERY download link I try on Google takes me to Microsoft and their 'Office 2010 download page' comes up with 'Download Office 2019' and I don't think for one minute that my code is going to work with that. I want Office 2010 Home & Student 32 bit. Have managed to find an update from December 2020 (Office 2010 Sp2 update) but this just updates a pre-installed installation so if I wipe the drive it won't re-install Word as it needs the software installing first.

Office 2010 works perfectly fine for me (just laptop is incredibly slow!) and it seems a bit of a shame to have to buy another copy just because I can't remember how it was originally installed in the first place (it was 7 years ago!)

Any advice?

TIA

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom