Windows repeatedly crashes - RAM problem?

S

SanRicht

Hello everyone,

I've been experiencing problems with my laptop for nearly two weeks. Even though I have not yet figured out what the triggering event of the crash is, typically the situation unfolds as follows: before the blue screen pops up, the overall performance of my laptop slows down to a point where it is difficult to perform even the most basic tasks (especially when the computer is running in battery mode); In response to the situation, I updated windows and the graphic card drivers to their latest versions and launched the Windows memory diagnostic app (no errors were found, so the issue seems to stem from a different source). I also tried to check out the DUMP files but failed to identify what is causing the blue screens. Some of the messages are:

- A corrupt PTE has been detected. Parameter 2 contains the address of the PTE. Parameters 3/4 contain the low/high parts of the PTE.

- The system cumulatively spent an extended period of time at DISPATCH_LEVEL or above. The offending component can usually be identified with a stack trace.

I'm not entirely sure whether this information is relevant or not, but I have the feeling that the glitches have increased since I bought a monitor to complement my laptop screen. Could this be a simple coincidence?

PC specs:

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8750H CPU @ 2.20GHz 2.21 GHz

Installed RAM: 16.0 GB (15.8 GB usable)

System type: 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

Edition: Windows 10 Home

Version: 20H2

OS build: 19042.746

Experience: Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.551.0

BaseBoard Manufacturer: DELL Inc

BaseBoard Product: 03PVDF

BaseBoard Version: A00

Link for the DUMP files: DUMP