Computer froze, then certain colors started to look blurry after a restart.

I

IanNiesel

To explain, curved edges are now pixelated, and certain colors look like they are being shown at a different resolution. I have already tried changing the resolution and changing it back. It worked, but set the monitor's refresh rate to 60hz. Changing that back to 120hz caused the issue again. It is only occurring on a 2k monitor, the 1080p secondary monitor looks fine. Changing the resolution of the main monitor down to 1920 x 1440 fixes the blurriness, but of course I don't want to be unable to use part of the screen. 2 restarts did not fix the problem. My RTX 3080 has had some issues with causing the monitors to go black for a few seconds, but I'm guessing the PC freezing had something to do with this. I am going to be replacing it with a new 3080 soon, but I don't know if that will fix this problem. I reinstalled the latest GPU update, but did not remove that update first. I will include 2 screenshots from both monitors on the same screen to show the difference. The first is with the 2k monitor at 120hz, the second image is at 60hz. Looking at that on my 1080 monitor, both look the same... so it is only present on the 2k monitor. It is the most obvious with things colored red, orange, and other similar colors. In the NVIDIA control panel, the color format seems to be set to YCbCr422 for the 2k monitor, but RGB on the 1080p one. I tried to change them both to RGB, but it was instantly reverted. The game I was playing at the time was an older game, and it definitely did not originally launch at 2k, so maybe it not closing properly caused something. I remember that used to be a problem on older versions of Windows.6c55341d-cf66-4dc9-b5ff-e0d8b2f5aad2?upload=true.png8c51bc5a-bc62-4e12-b394-2e2e0dbe9f96?upload=true.png

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom