Podcast microphone crashing as soon as I share my screen in Google Meets or Slack

O

OfficerCaptain

I use a podcast microphone HyperX QuadCast S mainly for work meeting calls and gaming on Windows 10.

In gaming I have no issues, however when I have work related calls and have to share my screen either through Google Meets (on various browsers) or Slack, microphone just crashes, windows device unplugged notification goes off, then few milliseconds later it turns on again, with the same windows sound. As soon as it turns on again, the sound that I receive through the audio jack on the microphone (for microphone monitoring) is completed distorted and not understandable at all. At that point the only way to fix the distortion is to unplug the microphone from PC and plug it back in.

The microphone will continue to constantly crash and restart in the same manner until I stop sharing my screen.

I have tried everything I can to fix this, using different USB ports, removing and letting windows install new drivers, setting the microphone as default mic, removing realtek audio drivers and letting windows pick the right drivers. Performing a complete windows re-install and testing with absolutely nothing but windows drivers installed. I have even did an RMA of the microphone, the replacement microphone is also experiencing the exact same issues. I tested on a macbook, and none of these issues are happening.

My webcam is Logitech 4K Brio, if I use built in microphone I have none of these issues and everything works as expected.

The microphone uses drivers provided by Microsoft, the problem must lie in there. What should I do? Contact Microsoft?

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom