Activation and Win 10 Update errors

E

ErictheElder1

I upgraded Win 7 Home premium(OEM) to Win 10 Home using the free upgrade over a year ago and have had no issues. Then the product key was accepted. Now I am asked to activate windows but neither the Win 7 or 10 product keys work. The activation screen sometimes lists the product Id and sometimes not, no product key found. I get the message " something interrupted our troubleshooting & error code 0x8004005. I have disabled av, firewall and antimalware and other running programs, retried to no avail. Also being told am running unlicensed copy of Windows and to go buy one.

I have received these other error codes:-

0x8000ffff -update error and this did seem to all start when security update(KB4586864) installed 28/12/2020. All updates have failed to install since then. I note that there is an update for Adobe flash Player included, but I uninstalled Flash Player in October 20. Still trying to give me that now.

Have run DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth, and sfc /scannow and laptop is no longer in snailmode, but not quite normal. Still no activation got DISM error 0x800f081f - Source files not found. Use Source option to specify files required to restore feature. Go to https://go.microsoft.com/fastlink/?LinkId=243077 which gets me "404 page not found" when searched.

Sfc /scannow gets to 100% verification. Is it supposed to do more afterwyou can give me ards?

0xc004f012 - token.dat. tried to fix this but don't know if this worked.

Win resource protection unable to fix some corrupt files. Have looked through CBS log file but don't know what I'm looking for, - online, or offline repairs provided by /OFFLOGFILE flag.

Would appreciate any help. Thanks

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom