Windows 10 Version 10.0.19042 Build 19042 Microsoft Account Sign-In Assistant will not start Error 0x80070002

K

karlS4

I am trying to use Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020. I used this succesfully regulary and most recently on Friday. On Sunday I tried to start and it would never get past the check for updates. To use it need to connect to Microsoft Store and X-box companion. I CANNOT sign in to my Microsoft account on either. If I try to log in and let it sit long enough(10-15min) it eventually gives me error 0x80070426. I CAN log in to my Microsoft online, Office 365, and One-drive(if I leave it on it will eventually show connected, but not fast like normal).

I've been trying to resolve this for 12hrs(actual time, not over this period) and tried many repairs I could find through internet searches:

I disabled 3rd party antivirus(which it worked previously).

Manually starting the Microsoft Account Sign-in Assistant service terminated with the following error:

0x80070002 the system cannot find the file specified.

I have tried coverting my account to a local account and creating another Microsoft account, but it can never log in to the computer it just keeps displaying the spinning dots. Trying to manually log in the store with different Microsoft Account, same result as above.

I have run quite a few repair programs and processes including the command DISM and SFC tools which found no errors. I also tried to reinstall Windows 10, checked for updates, ect... and everything ran it's course and said there were no issues.

I ran the Windows Store Apps trouble shooter, and it gave me this:

Windows Store Apps

Potential Issues that were checked Publisher details

Some security settings are missing or may have been changed Issue not present

Check for missing or corrupt files Issue not present

Service registration is missing or corrupt Issue not present

Microsoft account required Issue not presentTemporary Internet files location has changed Issue not present

Hanging or crashing apps Issue not present

Detection Details

Service Status

Problem with BITS service : The requested service has already been started.

System.Management.Automation.RemoteException More help is available by typing NET HELPMSG2182 System.Management.Automation.RemoteException

Collection Information

Computer Name: (Shows name here correctly)

Windows Version: 10.0

Architecture: x64

Time Monday, January 25, 2021 7:01:56 PM

Publisher detailsWindows Store Apps

Troubleshoot problems that may prevent Windows Store Apps from working properly

Package Version: 4.0Publisher: Microsoft Winows

Windows Store Apps

Troubleshoot problems that may prevent Windows Store Apps from working properly

Package Version: 4.0Publisher: Microsoft Winows

Background Intelligent Transfer Service

Find and fix problems that may prevent background dowloads from working

Package Version: 3.5

Publisher: Microsoft Windows

What file(s) does Microsoft Account Sign-in Assistant use and is there any way to manually check if they are where they should be AND/OR replace them short of resetting my computer? Lots of programs, and some like Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 took a LOOOOONG time to install!

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom