My Windows installation has had majors issues that I have not been able to fix, please help.

J

JakeGardner2

My Windows installation has had major issues. Since Sunday 1/24/21 my windows has been acting strangly. For example, the windows search bar, does not function anymore. Once I click on it it just buffers indefinitly. I cannot open Windows Settings or Services, whenever I save a Word document it crashes. Not to mention also that whenever I go to install something I get installation errors and it fails. Whenever I download something Online, I cannot open the file by clicking on it in browser and I have to go to the download folder to open it.

So far I have tried many things to fix this and honestly I have no clue what else to try, I will ist below what I have tried.

1.Running DISM with scanhealth and restore.
2. sfc/scannow has done nothing for my computer
3. Preforming a in-place upgrade on my windows installation
4. Running this command in an admin powershell window "Get-AppxPackage -allusers | foreach {Add-AppxPackage -register “$($_.InstallLocation)appxmanifest.xml” -DisableDevelopmentMode}"
5. Running anti-malware scans with many diffrent programs. all come up empty.
6. I ahve disabled all my anti-malware software and windows defender and have done all of these.
7. Creating an instllation media and going through the repair menu, which at that point it would tell me it could not repair my PC
8. Booting into safe mode and trying these has done nothing either.

If anyone can help me that would be wonderful as I have no idea what I can do at this point to try to fix my installation. My windows is Windows 10 Home edition if that matters.

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom