Edit audio device supported sample rates in Windows

V

vritme

[COLOR=rgba(26, 26, 27, 1)]Hi everyone.

I have a laptop, which can stream max 24 bit \ 96 kHz via spdif output.

Now I'm setting up 2-zones multiroom audio-video system, so i have to deal with hdmi output of my laptop. That's where things are getting not so obvious about max bit rates and sample rates of hdmi output.

I have 2 hdmi splitters (1 -> 2). First one is showing 24\192 in windows audio devices, and i can stream through it maximum 24\96 kHz - that's the max of my motherboard's sound chip I think, same as max of spdif output.

The second hdmi splitter (1 - > 2) sounds much better and from more professional firm, so I'm really planning to use it in the future. But it has only 24\48 max in windows audio devices.

So, my question is, is there a way to somehow edit maximum sample rates of audio device in registry or so?

Maybe I could extend maximum sample rate of second splitter to 96 kHz, and it should be still working. I think so, because, firstly, hdmi supports 24\192 by itself. And, because other hdmi-devices (hdmi through Ethernet extender, hdmi -> hdmi + spdif audio extractor), which go after hdmi splitter in my scheme, while connecting directly to laptop - show only 16\44.1 or 16\44.1+48, but while connecting after first splitter, on which i was streaming 24\96 via foobar in exclusive wasapi mode - they worked fine! despite their own "manufacture's" specs in windows audio devices! So it seems to be, that if splitter has ability to get 24\96 stream from laptop, it then can like "break through", push it further through other hdmi commuting devices, even if they doesn't originally support this bit\sample rates in windows (while in limits of hdmi itself 24\192, i guess).

I found the path in registry after some searching ( View: https://www.reddit.com/r/PowerShell/comments/7635o9/question_set_audiorecording_device_sample_rate/
), where all this settings locate. But I really don't know what to do next.

It might be a solution to get binary string, which is responsible for supported audio formats, from my spdif audio device (24\96, that's what i need and that's max of my motherboard probably) and just insert it to the string of supported audio formats of my hdmi-splitter. I found both audio devices in registry. So, could anyone help me with identifying the correct string with supported bit\sample rates?

Thank you!

92e6e2fe-737d-4fa1-8be5-688fe2db38d4?upload=true.jpg

92aa10b3-91f2-4d56-8d6f-9b78a580263a?upload=true.jpg

b4da8998-644f-45bc-8fb6-601b91f8c962?upload=true.jpg
[/COLOR]

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom