Error 0x800704cf when signing into Microsoft account

E

ElizabethLiberty1

I sent my computer in for repairs and it came back with the factory image reinstalled. It's had time to configure a few updates, but I haven't yet reinstalled everything. While trying to use Office 365, I ran into a problem activating my subscription. It gives me this error: "It doesn't look like you're connected to the Internet. Check your connection and try again. 0x800704cf" and the link below says "Send Feedback."

When I go to the Feedback Hub, I can't sign in there either. It tells me that I need to go to Settings > Accounts > Your info. When I go there and try to sign in, it says "Oops, something went wrong. Whatever happened, it was probably our fault. Please try again."

I have followed all the steps in this article, and none of them helped. I can't create a new user, either, because it asks the new user to sign in via a Microsoft account, which then gives me an error and returns me to the main sign-in screen.

I've rebooted multiple times since the problem occurred. I'm running Windows 10 on an ASUS Vivobook K571 GT.

What should I do next?

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom