Troubleshooting MSOIDSVC.EXE Error that shows up Every 4 Hours in the Event Viewer

T

TommyT_AMA

I have an Event Viewer Error (MSOIDSVC.EXE - Event ID 0) that throws 7 Errors every four hours. [1] Per the description, I would like to find out what application this is so that I can either reinstall it or run a fix for it.

I followed the instructions on this Microsoft site, creating a debug file and showing an AppID of 9317BCB6-314B-442F-A5DA-9BC2BEBC271D that I have searched everywhere on my network to track down.

I have ran the following wmic command on all my servers and cannot match up that AppID [2].

Is this a program that is no longer on my System? How can either fix this so that this Error will no longer show up in the Event Viewer.

Thanks for your help!

Thom

[1] The Event Viewer Error

The description for Event ID 0 from source MSOIDSVC.EXE cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

The following information was included with the event:

InitializeSvcAPI failed with hr = 0x80048257

[2] wmic command I ran to get AppID's

/node:SERVERNAME product get name, version, vendor, identifyingnumber

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom