Windows 20H2 dxgmms2

R

Reaper_HDX

I keep having BSOD issues with windows 20H2 even with the November updates, PC is fully updated. (OS Build: 19042.630)

Constantly with dxgmms2.sys, Dump info below, Before anyone says its to due with a faulty driver...

I've already used Display Driver Uninstaller numerous amount of times and also I never had this issue with any of the previous versions of windows from 2004 through to 1803...

I've also tried countless full windows reinstalls with completely cleaning/formatting the drives to ensure nothing remains and still the issue remains...

Ever since I got 20H2 I constantly have this issue occurring upon shutdown.

6 BSOD crashes so far... and counting....

VIDEO_MEMORY_MANAGEMENT_INTERNAL (10e)
The video memory manager encountered a condition that it can't recover from. By crashing,
the video memory manager is attempting to get enough information into the minidump such that
somebody can pinpoint what lead to this condition.
Arguments:
Arg1: 0000000000000033, The subtype of the bugcheck:
Arg2: ffffc304d8b8eb30
Arg3: 0000000000000000
Arg4: 0000000000000000

SYMBOL_NAME: dxgmms2!VIDMM_PROCESS_ADAPTER_INFO::~VIDMM_PROCESS_ADAPTER_INFO+27799
MODULE_NAME: dxgmms2

My make and model of my pc is: HP - Omen - 880-551na

I get the BSOD on shutdown of my PC, which causes it to restart

I have tried all possible measures to resolve this issue,

I have run: Memtest, DISM, SFC, all found no issues at all,

dxdiag also find no issues,

I have tried step 3 too, still crashes every single "shutdown"

I have completely uninstalled the display drivers, and even uninstalled them using DDU - Display Driver Uninstaller which completely gets rid of the display drivers including registry

I have even fully re-installed windows twice, once using the cloud download and once using a bootable usb, also I should mention both times all the drives were fully cleaned and wiped/formatted to ensure a fully clean install..., HP have also performed a full factory reset repair at base before I even reinstalled windows and the issue still remained

This issue only happens with 20H2 and only 20H2,

Everything was working fine with 2004

Mini dump files: Minidump

Continue reading...