Infineon TPM Professional Package can't be uninstalled ( Solved )

E

encoreOK

Seems this is a fairly common problem but there is a solution....

credit goes to EP7

EP7 Replied on November 3, 2017

In reply to HeikkiHämäläinen's post on November 3, 2017

Infineon is not necessarily the name of the file, for me it was just a path where a bunch of files were located in (Desktop\New folder (3)\GIGABYTE\Other\IFX\x64\program files\Infineon). After deleting all files, I had no issues installing.

If you use the "Everything" app from voidtools.com and have it search all of your pc for "Infineon" it should help you locate the folder. if that search does not get you anywhere, also try searching for "TPM".

My pc has a Gigabyte motherboard and upgrading to Win 10 from Win 7 was taking up a lot of my time because of the above problem. I managed to locate IFX etc file ( the search box did not locate for some reason ) and deleted it and that let me proceed to Win 10. Of course there was nothing like Infineon or TPM in add/remove programs.

In my Dell Inspiron 1721 laptop I had the same error: Infineon TPM Professional Package can't be uninstalled

but search box threw up Infineon and TPM. I deleted them and emptied the recycle bin and then managed to do a Win 10 install. It is working fine.

Why Microsoft support can't solve this for us is a bit disheartening.

Thank you EP7

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom