Can`t install Windows on new NVMe ssd

A

AndreaCorte1

Hello everyone,

I need the help of the community because I`m having issues on installing windows 10 on a new NVMe ssd.

I now have an M.2 SATA drive as C: disk and I need to upgrade it, so i bought an Samsung 970 Evo.

I tried to clone my C: drive on the new ssd using Aomei Backupper as first thing but it didn`t work (I got a BSOD with the Inaccesible_boot_device error). So I decided to go with a fresh installation.

I downloaded the last version of Windows and created a bootable usb using Rufus. Then, following other solutions I found on this forum, disabled CSM and set secure boot to Other OS. Windows Installer recognized my new ssd and I was able to install Windows 10 properly, the system rebooted and i set (following the guide) secure boot to UEFI only. Rebooted again but the system didn`t find the new ssd, it continued to boot via the USB installer as it was the only UEFI device.

My new 970 EVO is seen in the boot device list only if I enable CSM again, but if i try to boot from it, with CSM enabled, i got a message error from Rufus inviting me to disable CSM.

In a few words, I am unable to install and boot Windows in Uefi mode, which is the only mode supported by an nvme ssd.

What do you suggest to do?

Thanks,

Andrea

PC Specs:

AMD Ryzen 5 3600X

ASUS Prime B450M-A

16 GB 3000 Ram

WDGreen Sata M.2 (C: Drive) (to be replaced)

Two other SATA drive

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom