Every .zip file/folder that I download is "invalid"

B

Boogus96

[COLOR=rgba(20, 20, 20, 1)]I've been trying to fix this problem for a few months now. This was not an issue when I purchased my PC. Every time I download a zip file I get an error that reads "Windows cannot open the folder. The compressed (zipped) folder 'C:/Users/Username/Downloads/filename.zip' is invalid."

I've read that viruses/malware can cause this problem. I bought malwarebytes which didn't find any infected files. I tried disabling my security settings in System Mechanic while downloading zip files and that didn't work either. The malware killer in System Mechanic didn't detect anything malicious either. I even bought a new mesh wifi system thinking slow download speeds could be messing up the download process, but that hasn't helped either.[/COLOR]

A friend of mine suggested that System Mechanic, a registry cleaner, is likely the cause and I should reinstall windows. Is that a good idea?

[COLOR=rgba(20, 20, 20, 1)]Has anyone else had this problem? Or know of any solutions that I'm missing?

Thank you in advance! Any suggestion are much appreciated.

Just to be comprehensive (not sure if it's relevant), here's a little more info about my computer:

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600 (3.59ghz)

GPU: Nvidia RTX 2060

16gb of RAM

Windows 10 Home, 64bit (updated today)

1tb HDD

230gb SSD[/COLOR]

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom