Laptop Randomly Disconnecting from Wifi

T

Tiedyenurse

Hello,

This is my first time posting to the ****munity, so I apologize in advance.

So, I have a HP Pavilion Notebook. It's several years old.

The past ~6 months my laptop has randomly disconnected from my Wifi. It will read "connected" to my Wifi network, but that no internet is available. When this first started, it was only for maybe a minute max, and then it would automatically reconnect. But it has become longer and longer periods of becoming unconnected and not reconnecting. It has also started disconnecting, reconnecting, disconnecting, reconnecting, over and over again. And just today, I turned my laptop on and it said it was just straight up unable to connect to the Wifi Network at all for quite sometime. After being on for awhile, it was able to connect.

I have run troubleshoot, it recommended resetting the Wifi, which I have of course tried, but that does not solve the problem. After that, it has no other suggestions.

Since this problem has began, I did change internet providers, and my husband's computer has no issues with connection, so I have kind of deduced that it is my laptop that has a problem, not a Wifi problem.

I have checked for Network Adapter Driver updates, says it's up to date. The option to roll back is greyed out.

If I were to uninstall the driver, I don't quite understand how I would go about reinstalling it without ability to connect to the internet?

My computer knowledge is very limited, so please be detailed in instruction.

Thank you in advance.

Continue reading...