Win10 randomly cropped and sometimes changes my personal background image

A

AndrewG21

Hi all,

I've read the other questions where users have had Fit/Fill/Center etc user confusion, and issues with the Windows provided generic backgrounds. But I can't find any info regarding my experience.

I have saved only 1 personal photo as a desktop background. Since the photo resolution is higher than the screen resolution, I selected Fill under "Choose a fit" to see the entire photo. Of the 5 images in "Choose your picture", it was the only personal image, alongside 4 other Win provided backgrounds. That worked fine for quite a while. The past many months, Win10 cropped my personal photo and changed that as the background without my input. "Choose your picture" options changed to 3 Win images, the 1 full-sized original personal image, and 1 cropped version of my personal image. I have to select my original photo at least once a week because Win changes it to the cropped version...NEVER the other 3 Win stock photos. I tried saving the full sized image under 5 different names to populate the "Choose your picture" with just my image, and it *still* randomly set a cropped version of my photo...and replaced one of the 5 image options with that crop.

What's going on? How do I tell Win10 to leave it alone? Can that be done without messing with the registry??

Thanks,

Andy

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom