Monitor turns on immediately after it goes into powersafe mode

B

b00nSai

Hi,

I have the problem that my monitor turns on immediately after it turned off for powersave. To be clear: I don't mean the time for the PC to go to Sleep but the time you can configure to turn off the monitor.
This happens only if the dongle for my Microsoft wireless keyboard is plugged in. If I unplug it, the monitor stays off after the configured time. This also happens if the wireless keyboard is turned off on its switch or doesn't have any batteries in it. I have another keyboard that is on my desktop, I use the wireless one from my couch. The other keyboard doens't make any trouble.

A similar problem was already reported on August, 13th 2019. (PC waking up automatically from sleep mode) This problem seemed to solve itself with one of two Updated mentioned in the post.

"Fortunately, the 9/1/2019 Cumulative Update (KB4512941) and the .NET Framework 3.5 & 4.8 for Win 10 1903 (KB4511555) has fixed the problem."

I can't install these updates as my windows is newer from my understanding. I have all last updates installed.
I'm not sure when this problem started to appear. I've reinstalled Win 10 from scratch a couple of months ago, but I can't say that I'm having this problem since then or if it started later with an update. I hope we can find a solution, as this problem is really annoying me.

Cheers,

Julian

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom