My laptop updated, now the headphone jack doesn't acknowledge any earbuds or headphones!

S

SpencerTucksen

Alright so ive tried so many different things and im wondering if anyone can help me out with this. I bought this asus G14 primarily for music production purposes and now it just says there is no headphone plugged in if i run the troubleshooter It worked just fine all day, messing with music, playing games, watching youtube, everything. My headphones worked. It says i needed an update so I had it update and shut down, then i went to bed. when i woke up, my headphone jack didn't work anymore. no popup when i plug it in like before. no headphone option when i look at my list of audio devices. I've tried pretty much every single option ive seen other people suggest. My laptop says the realtek audio is responsible for the headphone jack.

Ive tried downloading the newest drivers. Ive tried uninstalling realtek and restarting the computer so it'll install on its own. ive tried a system restore to the night before the update and my computer said the system restore just didn't work. Ive tried updating my bios just in case there was some confusion there. I tried using OLD realtek drivers, two separate ones. I tried using switching it to the native audio, the High Definition Audio option. I have tried everything i have seen on the internet as a way to solve this issue and nothing has helped at all, there has been zero indication from my computer that theres something in the jack. I tried rolling back the drivers.

I've had this computer for three weeks, it isn't damaged or dusty, it isn't the headphone because they all work on my phone. I've tried downloading the new drivers directly from realtek and restarting. i did again but i uninstalled the default drivers first. i dont know what else I'm supposed to try and I don't want to have to go to best buy and ask one of them to fix it. The regular speaker works fine. It still worked, albeit worse, with the High Definition Audio option. It just doesn't read that i have headphone plugged in, which is obviously hugely important for sound design.

I have checked everything on the link below. I have gone through every one of those steps. When I try to set headphones as default audio device in control panel sound, the option is grayed out. I've turned off audio enhancements. I've restarted my computer like 20 times thinking maybe THIS will help, maybe THIS will help, maybe these drivers will help, etc. Nothing has helped. I just don't understand how one Windows update would do this.

The computer worked totally fine until I updated it, now I can't go back. I'm so upset. Am i just going to have to reset the whole laptop? Will that even work? all the things that have helped other people just haven't worked and I'm overwhelmingly frustrated.

Continue reading...