Blueooth seems entirely broken even using multiple adaptors

Z

zachprice3

hello, i've been having nonstop issues attempting to use bluetooth on my computer, i have 3 seperate bluetooth dongles all with the proper drivers isntalled and which i know for a fact support the hardware im attempting to connect

my first issue and the biggest one is trying to connect a playstation 5 controller via bluetooth, whenever i try it will tell me the device isnt responding, if i try a few times it will ask for a pin which i enter 0000 for as directed, and and it tells me it failed and to try again, but never works

if i wait for the controller to stop putting out a signal then click the connection im trying to make, then make the controller put out a signal again it will instantly ask for a pin, and when i enter it, it will pair but it wont actually connect when i attempt to turn the controller on. and i have to remove it in order to attempt pairing again which leaves me with the same exact issues

the second thing im trying to connect is my galaxy buds, i have the exact same issue, it simply WILL NOT CONNECT. i've tried every trick i can. ive checked for updates, ive tried multiple dongles of different brands all of which are confirmed to work with the hardware im trying to use, ive tried multiple usb ports, ive tried resetting bluetooth, ive tried resetting the computer, i've done all the general basic steps that should be done before seeking out further help, and absolutely nothing works, i've been trying for a month now to no avail, and absolutely no one seems to have any kind of answer or explanation and i seem to be the only person having this issue, especially with the ps5 controller specifically

ive also already tried using it through ds4windows, to no avail, it just brings me to the same bluetooth connection window

im running on a recently clean installed version on windows and system integrity scans as well as DISM both show that everything is working and installed properly.

i also know its not an issue with the install its self because this was also an issue about a year ago when i first got my galaxy buds, i was unable to ever get them to connect properly

this is getting absolutely ridiculously frustrating, my cheap phone connects these things just fine but my ridiculously expensive computer just cant seem to manage no matter what i do, any help would be GREATLY apprecaited

MSinfo/specs as follows

OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Home

Version 10.0.19042 Build 19042

Other OS Description Not Available

OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation

System Name *Censored*

System Manufacturer System manufacturer

System Model System Product Name

System Type x64-based PC

System SKU SKU

Processor AMD Ryzen 7 2700X Eight-Core Processor, 4000 Mhz, 8 Core(s), 16 Logical Processor(s)

BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. 3003, 12/9/2019

SMBIOS Version 3.2

Embedded Controller Version 255.255

BIOS Mode UEFI

BaseBoard Manufacturer ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC.

BaseBoard Product ROG STRIX B450-F GAMING

BaseBoard Version Rev 1.xx

Platform Role Desktop

Secure Boot State Off

PCR7 Configuration Binding Not Possible

Windows Directory C:\Windows

System Directory C:\Windows\system32

Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume8

Locale United States

Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "10.0.19041.488"

User Name *censored*

Time Zone Pacific Standard Time

Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 80.0 GB

Total Physical Memory 79.9 GB

Available Physical Memory 60.0 GB

Total Virtual Memory 91.4 GB

Available Virtual Memory 68.4 GB

Page File Space 11.5 GB

Page File C:\pagefile.sys

Kernel DMA Protection Off

Virtualization-based security Not enabled

Device Encryption Support Reasons for failed automatic device encryption: TPM is not usable, PCR7 binding is not supported, Hardware Security Test Interface failed and device is not Modern Standby, Un-allowed DMA capable bus/device(s) detected, TPM is not usable

Hyper-V - VM Monitor Mode Extensions Yes

Hyper-V - Second Level Address Translation Extensions Yes

Hyper-V - Virtualization Enabled in Firmware No

Hyper-V - Data Execution Protection Yes

HDD: Samsung Evo 256gb m.2

Gpu: RTX 2070

Bluetooth Adaptor: ASUS-BT400

Continue reading...

Top Bottom