Corruption on Windows OS & any other downloads

B

Boon Halpert

Hello, this problem has been bugging me for a month.

Starting from the beginning,
One night, windows had a update and I installed it (Though I am not sure which it was but it was mandatory). The next morning, I tried opening a game and it reported corrupted files. I tried opening 2 other games and it came back with corrupted files. Soon after, Windows started to slow down and at times it would refuse to shut down. I started getting BSODs at random times (Mainly SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION <ntfs.sys>).

I ran SFC Scans, DISM Restore, CHKDSK and Error Checking, all of this came back with corruptions and that windows could not fix it.
So eventually I got the entire machine replaced, the CPU, GPU, Motherboard, SSD and HDD got replaced with brand new parts.

After this I had reset Windows 10 eight times (From local, USB and Cloud), all coming back with corruptions after I install the updates. Games would randomly crash (Eg. Apex legends crashing with code: 0x887A0006 - DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG).

The most recent reset (USB Media Creation) gave me more problems:
After the fresh install,
-> An immediate SFC Scan reported corruptions.
-> DISM reported no component store corruptions.
-> CHKDSK came back with no corruptions.

-> Windows Update failed to install some updates, giving me error code: 0x800f084f & 0x80070002 & 0x80073712 & 0x8007000d
--> 2021-01 Cumulative Update 20H2 (KB459842) in particular keeps failing to install.

--> Other updates (KB4052623) did not go through initially but eventually it was successfully installed.

-> Event Viewer shows that the Updates had "Installation Failure".

-> Memory check came back with no errors.

-> Windows Troubleshooter (Windows Update) also came back with errors, detected but not fixed.

-> I tried a manual Windows Update Component reset but the updates keep failing to go through.

At this point, I really don't know what to do, everything I download (Window Updates or any other application) keeps coming back with random corruptions. I'd really appreciate the help, thank you! :')

Just a question, is it possible for a corrupt windows to also corrupt other downloads from the internet?

If this helps here's my build:
AMD Ryzen 3600 CPU (Flashed with latest BIOS Year 2021)
ASUS TUF Gaming B450-M Motherboard
Nvidia GTX 1660 Ti
KLEVV Dual Channel (8Gb x 2)
Samsung MZVLB512HBJQ-00000

Toshiba HDWD110

Continue reading...