BIOS won’t recognize new SSD device; Boot Device Not Found error message

R

RayT13

I have an older hp Pavilion dv7-6b32us laptop from about 2012. The factory installed WD HDD device died so I installed a new WD SSD device to replace it. It is 3D NAND SATA SSD; model WDS500G2B0A. I started up the computer changed the BIOS boot order from HDD drive to CD/DVD drive and installed Windows 10 64-bit Home Version (that is what I had been using) from a Microsoft DVD. The Laptop booted up and Windows 10 was installed on the SSD and I could use the Laptop again. The problem is the Laptop will not ReBoot; The error - Boot Device Not Found Hard Disk (3f0) is called. When I try to change the Boot order in BIOS it only shows CD/DVD with no other options. I can reboot the Laptop and reinstall Windows 10 from the DVD, but I don’t know how to get the Laptop to reboot from Windows 10 on the new SSD. The BIOS indicates it is setup as Legarcy and the SSD is set up as MBR. I am not sure what to do or try next. I see some similar post about GPT disk and EFI / UEFI, but I don’t think those issues are applicable in my case.

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom