After the latest update for windows 10 home, Onedrive moved all my files from my pc to onedrive, without knowing consent.

R

raginsonar

[COLOR=rgba(103, 103, 103, 1)]After installing January 26, 2021-KB4598301 Cumulative Update Preview for .NET Framework 3.5 and 4.8 for Windows 10, version 1909, and Windows Server, version 1909, I was greeted with the screen you usually only get when setting up windows (Setup onedrive, add phone number, office products), which I found strange. So I went through, told onedrive to only save to my pc, as I had to pick an option, and skipped the other stuff.

I then found that onedrive had moved all my documents, pictures, and desktop files to my personal onedrive, and left behind these "Where are my files?" links, which led to their location on onedrive.

I think I've restored everything to normal, except for a "USER's Notepad.url" that keeps remaking itself if I delete it from onedrive.

How can I completely prevent Onedrive from doing something as bad as this in future?

And does anyone know what could have caused this to happen?

It seems to disregard me telling it not to backup, a lot, but actually moving my files off my pc is completely unacceptable.

This is a not even month old laptop.

This is all in the file explorer part of Onedrive, not the app.

Thank you[/COLOR]

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom