Portable USB Seagate Hard drive - appears to have loaded BUT not accessible to use on my PC ?

• Thread starter michelleOldschool
  • Start date
M

michelleOldschool

Hi Hoping someone can help..

I have a Seagate Backup Plus Portable Drive MODEL srd00f1 which is working fine, on my old mac powerbook But I need to transfer work, text and videos, to my PC laptop Lenovo ThinkPad which is running Windows 10 Pro (version 1909) BUT the external drive does not seem to be accessible on PC, although it does show as being there when I check for devices. Screen grab attached. I have updated drivers etc but no joy.

Admit I am an old school Mac user, so I expect the external drives to pop up on desktop, easily accessible

On PC, although when I connect /disconnect the external drive from PC, I hear the 'dings' as if acknowledging USB is connecting and disconnecting there is nothing visible, on desktop or anywhere else and no option available to Save As to any other drive but the built in. Although as screengrab shows it does appears to be recognised as a device on PC, I cant find it to use!! Any advice?

I know in old days used to have to format drive for specific use for either mac or Pc but surprised if that is the case BUT if it is & I have to purchase a new external drive, I will need it to switch between this PC and an old Mac .. (one of the first 17" powerbooks, now too old to connect to internet securely,, hence the need for the PC laptop) and to be able to move video files between the two. Any advice or recommendations ?

Thank you

0841cd62-d517-4b66-9ec8-80e092709133?upload=true.jpg

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom