Windows 10 default printer changes on its own

T

TracieCR

[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 1)]Below are methods that I have found and already tried with no success in fixing the issue. The PC also has the latest Windows updates. I have removed the printers and re-added them as well. This has not resolved the issue. Any advice is welcome. Thanks![/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 1)]Method 1:[/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 1)]I suggest you to try turning off “let Windows manage your default printer” and check if you are still facing the issue. To do so follow the steps below:

Open Start and select Settings > Devices > Printers & scanners. Turn off Let Windows manage my default printer.
[/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 1)]Method 2:

Registry disclaimer:
[/COLOR]
[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 1)] Important this section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs.

Please take a backup of the registry. Follow the steps given in the link below:
[/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 1)][COLOR=rgba(5, 99, 193, 1)]How to back up and restore the registry in Window[COLOR=rgba(5, 99, 193, 1)]s[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 1)]· Open the Run dialog box by pressing the Windows key and the R key together.

· Type Regedit and hit the Enter key.

· When the Registry Editor opens, navigate to the following location:

[/COLOR]HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows

[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 1)]· In the right pane, right click on “LegacyDefaultPrinterMode” and click modify to change the value of LegacyDefaultPrinterMode from the default 0 to 1.

· Restart your computer.

· Try setting you default printer again. [/COLOR]

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom