MEMORY_MANAGEMENT and other BSODs, hardware related

B

brycn

Hey, about a week and a half ago I upgraded my system to a Ryzen 5 5600X with a B550 motherboard, and it seemed to be working fine. However, at some point, I started getting MEMORY_MANAGEMENT BSODs, and they became more frequent, to the point of me booting my computer and getting a BSOD as soon as I open a single program. I also got some other errors, like IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL and CRITICAL_STRUCTURE_CORRUPTION. Here's what I've tried:

• Ran Memtest86 and Windows Memory Diagnostic, both returned 0 problems with the memory.
  • Disabled XMP and Memory Fast Boot
  • Reinstalled Windows
  • Ran in Safe Mode
  • Updated the motherboard BIOS (used both the one that first added support for Zen 3 and the newest one that came out after)
  • Swapped my SSD
  • Cleared my CMOS
  • Ran Ubuntu (got kernel panic while trying to load the OS, due to an error along the lines of "Memory corruption detected in low memory", and "not syncing: Fatal exception in interrupt"

I even tried reinstalling Windows a second time, at which point it crashed DURING the installation off the USB stick. I didn't even know it was possible to BSOD the Windows USB. After that, I feel like software issues and the windows installation are ruled out as causes. The BIOS update probably rules out that BIOS being the problem. The RAM diagnostics both also rule out the RAM (although I'm still a bit suspicious because I'm still using the sticks I bought when Skylake came out). Sometimes, usually after a fresh boot, I'm able to get into Windows for long enough to run a few Prime95 tests and Linpack Xtreme. My computer powered through everything and it seemed as though nothing was wrong. I restarted my computer and crashed after opening a program and being on my desktop for 3 seconds. It's random, it can happen quickly, sometimes it just doesn't even seem as though anything is wrong. I suspect it may be my motherboard, but I don't have another CPU to test it with. If you could let me know what you think, or what my next course of action should be, I'd appreciate it. I'm also open to trying any suggestions. Thanks!

Speccy: http://speccy.piriform.com/results/oVQWq2u1rw0BbJaDGLadlse

Sysnative report: SysnativeFileCollectionApp.zip

Continue reading...