Computer Freezes when using Microsoft word draw function in a google meet

• Thread starter Christopher G. Vogel
  • Start date
C

Christopher G. Vogel

I will try to be as detailed as possible.

I was able to use Word draw functions on my old 2011 HP touchsmart all in one with out any issues. Great for teaching my online classes. It used a IR 2 point touch screen. Do to its age, and limited speed, I decided to upgrade to to a new HP All-in-one 24-dp0160.

It is a AMD Ryzen 5 4500u processor, with AMD Radeon Graphics.

Windows 10 home 64bit

12 G ram

I am running a second monitor using the HDMI out port with a generic HDMI to VGA converter.

New out of the box everything seems to run fine, but not being a IR touch screen it does require a stylus or fingers to activate the screen.

The problem. If I use Word and the draw function alone it works perfectly. But if I open my google meet class on the second monitor, it will work for a brief time and then freeze the computer. Can't exit word. windows key won't work, Ctrl-Alt-Delete won't work, after a minute the mouse will quit and the computer just beeps. The only way out is a hold down the power button until shutdown.

Strange bit, If I open my google class on the primary monitor and reduce it so that I only see Word. It will work. But then I can't see my students.

I have checked the ver # of my display adapter driver (27.20.11040.11 9/8/2020) and it is a later version than is on the HP website ([COLOR=rgba(55, 55, 55, 1)]26.20.11034.2002 Rev.A Dec 19, 2019)[/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba(55, 55, 55, 1)]So I'm back to using the old slow machine for now :-(

Any help would be great :)
[/COLOR]

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom