Problems with Inspiron 7370 Battery

L

LSchnyders

I'm having tons of battery life and charging issues with my Inspiron 7370, which I purchased new in August 2018. Here's a brief summary of the issues I'm having:

- I can't have my laptop off the charger for more than an hour before it dies or becomes useless due to low power. Zoom meetings drain the battery within 30 minutes, 45 if I'm lucky and keep the brightness all the way down.

- When I charge it, I have to mess with the charging cord and position it so the charging light will come on and the symbol will come on in the taskbar. If I don't do this, it won't charge. And even when it says its charging, it won't charge.

- I purchased a second charger less than a month ago (exact same one that came with the laptop, so no compatibility issues there) and am still having the same problem.

- My laptop will be plugged in and charging, will say 'battery is low' and shut down (happened 3 separate times today).

- All of my software updates and such have been run, so that's not the problem.

- According to 'Settings' my battery health is 'Fair'.

- A few days ago, the laptop randomly drained power and wouldn't turn on. After an hour of struggling with it, my laptop locked me out for 2+ hours for trying to restart it. I've never had that happen before.

I've updated everything, run as few programs/apps as possible when using my laptop, and am at my wit's end trying to figure this out. What is the best way of getting my charger to work and battery life to actually stay?

Are there tests I need to run? Is this a charger issue? Is this a charging port or battery issue? I can't afford another $1000 laptop and there's no way I can get by with this laptop much longer either if these battery problems persist. It's embarrassing to be in the middle of Zoom class and have your computer shut down on you.

Also, I had to send my laptop in for repairs in December 2019 after the hard drive got dislocated. This battery life issue has been prevalent only since I got the laptop back from the repair center. My warranty expired in 2019, so any potential repairs would be coming out of my own pocket.

If anyone can provide any insights, advice, or similar stories, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks in advance!

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom