Cannot boot after Windows Update version 2004 - how to back up my files

B

Boblaglande

Hello,

Yesterday, my computer finally started installing the Windows Update 2004 after weeks of receiving messages that there was an issue with the installation.
Unfortunately, now my computer doesn't start anymore. When booting it, I see the HP logo and then a "scrambled" image of the logo and it stays stuck.

I have tried different options in the Recovery menu, but it seems I can't remove the latest update, there is no possibility to roll back to previous version as there is no recovery point saved, etc... (sorry I hope my translation is correct as I have a french version of Windows).

I was wondering what I should do in order to back up the files I forgot to back up in the last few months?
From a working computer, I have created a Windows 10 bootable USB but I am not sure this is the right solution for my issue. Would this work out to repair Windows without erasing my personnel files?
Or is there another way to save certain folders? I have tried a program that was recommended in one of the topics in this forum, but it cannot save the files that are under my name folder, probably because of the password that is needed to access my profile.

If anyone has some ideas of how I should proceed?
Please let me know if I should provide more information regarding my issue.

Thank you,
Thomas

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom