Unable to use various websites and Internet using apps

G

GMIEllipsis

Help!

Towards the end of October last year (2020) I began to experience a number of issues with the behaviour of some websites and internet accessing apps.

The first issue that I began having was that I was continuously getting the "Something went wrong" error on my News Feed after scrolling down only a few messages. I tried the recommended solutions (tidying up cache and history etcetera) but to no avail. Sometimes it will not even load any posts into the News Feed at all. This issue is also affecting the loading of the Stories banner at the top of the News Feed page too, as well as sometimes making other parts of Facebook, such as individual posts into groups I am subscribed too, unavailable. The only way to resolve the problem is to do a forced refresh (CTRL + F5) but even then it will only display a few posts before the “Something went wrong” message appears at the bottom of the News Feed.

Taken on its own I had thought this may have just put this down to a problem with Fb and tried other solutions but there are many other Internet/connectivity issues I am having too.

When trying to set up VISA Click to Pay, the page just gets stuck on the adding card details form and I am also unable to use some website checkout screens (such as on the panzera.shop) or some things like Google Translate, which only shows “Oops! Google Translate did not respond: please try again!” in the translation box.

These issues occur when using both Chrome and Edge and on different wi-fi networks (my home and place of work).

I also have difficulties with some apps from the Microsoft Store which access the Internet. The main problem appears to be that the Pintrest app (The one from Pintrest Inc.) will not play any of the video pins as well as being unable to use MS Teams to attend work meetings, although Zoom does still seem to work.

For all these problems I was using an HP Pavilion x360 15” laptop.

However, the laptop had a hardware failure just over a week ago (cooling failure and will not now power on at all) and so I have just got a new Dell Inspiron 7506 2n1 laptop and completed a clean install of Windows 10 on Thursday of last week (January 28th) and was shocked to discover that the issues described above appear to be carried over onto this brand new laptop too even after performing the latest updates (and also after removing them and again after reinstalling them).

In addition, I am now unable to use the remote access app I was using on the HP laptop (Cloudberry Lab/MSP360 Remote Desktop) is also not working now. It appears to make a connection to the remote host at my place of work but then just freezes the image to whatever the screen was at the moment of connection.

I have run the Dell SupportAssistant tool to check for any obvious errors but the SupportAssistant reported no faults in the hardware, drivers or any network issues. I have also tried removing and reinstalling the affected apps but still with no success.

As a last resort, I also have tried setting up a new local user account on the new laptop but the same errors occurred.

I have tried all the recommended check/restore options from the MS Support pages (
[COLOR=rgba(30, 30, 30, 1)]DISM & SFC), all of which reported nor faults.[/COLOR]

I've reached the end of my knowledge/ability to investigate this further and need assistance.

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom